The Commission is responsible for:
- Administering State-issued franchises for cable video service in Sacramento County;
- Assisting consumers in resolving their cable/video issues and concerns;
- Operations of Metro Cable 14, the local government channel;
- Collection and allocation of franchise and PEG fee revenue;
- Monitoring the use of PEG fee revenue to insure compliance with federal/state laws;
- Monitoring community programming and Channel Licensees' funding which supports six community channels on the local cable system.